PRODUCT DESIGN / UI / UX / BRAND / MANAGEMENT
Sell More, Instore, With InStock.
InStock is a B2C facing kiosk product allowing retailers to showcase their online store in store. It is a niche product that aims to connect brick and mortar retail businesses with their online business. I was tasked with. Being able to lead/work on a product from ground zero allowed me to experience and work on all facets of product design.
InStock is a complex retailers tool full of nifty features however it was built with simplicity in mind for the customer. Focusing on solid e-commerce fundamentals, a lot of the user-experiences needed to be moulded to suit an instore setting.
- Conceptualising and defining the user experience and designing the user interfaces to match.
- Developing the “story” behind InStock as a retail solution and creating the copy and marketing material to suit.
- Creating all brand assets, iconography, product mockups, pitches.
- Developing the Front-End Marketing website and the Back-End App “Dashboard” Website.
- Liaising with external developers to realise our concepts into a final product.
Designed in early 2012, the BCB/InStock website was built using WordPress and features a "one-page" layout with big sprawling backgrounds and parallax effects. We chose a one-page design because it helped with explaining new and abstract concepts and provided an easily digestible product story for the reader. Also designed and developed were several "backend" websites relating to the app.